Chris has had a life long passion for dogs and a distinguished career. On September 11, 2011 Chris was honored for his work at the World Trade Center Recovery Mission along side Ret. Detective Richard Lewis, the only living two time recipient of the NYPD’s Medal of Honor. While it was an honor to be recognized for his work, his greatest rewards comes from the day to day work of helping families and pets find harmony in their homes. Stonehill Kennel is the facility that enables this work to occur in the great country setting of Litchfield County, Connecticut. With his family and expert staff Stonehill Kennel has provided personalized training services and world class imported Family Protection Dogs in 47 States and 5 countries in the past 5 years. Chris is an expert witness and is often called upon for his unique experiences in the dog world.
Operating Manager Stonehill Kennel LLC
Operating Manager Dogs Unlimited L.L.C.
Operating Manager Canine Security International L.L.C.
Operating Manager C.S.I.-GROUP L.L.C.
23 Years professional experience training dogs:
Pet and companion animal training
Schutzhund I, II, III
Cadaver Recovery dogs
Military Working Dogs
20 years experience Law Enforcement:
Active and Honorary Fairfield County Sheriff’s Department
Special Deputy, Sergeant, Deputy Sheriff
Worked with, trained and supported the following agencies:
- New York City Police Department (NYPD)
- New York City Emergency Services Unit K-9
- New York City Transit K-9 Unit
- GSA Federal Protective Services (Federal Police)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Department of Homeland Security
- US Department of Defense Military Working Dog Program (Lackland AFB)
- Stamford Police Bomb Squad
- Bridgeport Police
- New York State Police Bomb dog Unit
- New York City Police Bomb Squad
- New York City Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- South Carolina State Police Bomb Disposal unit
- Mexican State Department Mexico City, Mexico
- Sikorsky Aircraft Police (Defense contractor)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI NY office)
- Amtrak Police
- Metro North Police
- Palm Beach County Florida Sheriff’s Office
- Oakland Police Department Maine
- Warminster Township PA Police Department
- Upper Moreland Township Police PA
- New Jersey State Police
- New Jersey Department of Corrections
- Union County NJ Sheriffs Office
- Edison NJ Police Department
- Newark NJ Police department k-9 Unit
- Newark NJ Emergency Services Unit
- Owl Security White Plains NY
- Securitas Security Hartford CT
- First Security Boston MA
- Abington Police Department PA
- Danbury Police Department CT
- Torrington Police K-9 Unit CT
- Owner Champion Akemo’s All American TT CD BH CGC
- Owner CIBO OD HRANICNEJ RIEKY “Z” SCH I, II, III, AD FH1 KKL II and two time New England Regional Schutzhund III Champion
- Licensed by the State of Connecticut as a K-9 training facility (#32)
- Registered with the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration ( DEA) as a Research Laboratory schedules 1 and 2 . (#RF 0188842) since 1993
- Licensed by the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection as a Registered Controlled Substance Laboratory since 1993 (reg. no. 00391)
- Awarded exclusive contract and appointed K-9 Bomb Detection Supervisor for the World Trade Center (WTC) recovery mission by FEMA, NYPD and OEM.
- Trained and supplied dogs for live appearances and television for the World Wrestling Federation for 6 years.
- Consulted on a feature films for Francis Films and supplied dogs and training for more then 12 Music Videos, multiple television commercials and print advertisements
- Contracted to supply Bomb Detection Dogs and Handler to the Empire State Building
- Contracted to Protect Federal Plaza in New York City during the WTC mission
- Multiple Contracts to protect the Jacob Javits Convention Center New York City
- In the days following September 11, 2001 our bomb Dog Teams assisted the NYPD by providing emergency responses teams to bomb threats at the following noted locations; CNN, NYC Public Library, FOX News, Grand Central Station, Macy at Herald Square, The Israeli Embassy, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Federal Plaza, Bowling Green, New York Stock Exchange, Penn Station, Pennsylvania Hotel, the Queen Elizabeth II, Rockefeller Plaza and countless others.
- Performed long term contracts for the following companies; Cologne Reinsurance Co., Stamford, CT, Stamford Transportation Center, Stamford, CT, Hoffman Fuel Corp., Stamford, CT, MEM Corporation, North Vale, NJ, 780 Third Avenue Inc., New York, NY, 3030 Park Inc, Bridgeport CT, The Stamford Hospital, Stamford CT, St. Francis Medical Center, Hartford, CT, Payne Weber, New York, NY, World Wide Plaza, New York, NY, The Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT, United States Department of Defense San Antonio TX, National Car Rental, Stamford, CT, Metro Panel Systems Inc., Orange, NJ, Budget Car Rental, Stamford, CT, Allied Construction Corp., Norwalk, CT, Losco Group, White Plains, NY, Ace Carting, Hastings on Hudson, NY.
- Internationally published author of Dog Training and Bomb Detection articles in the USA and Europe.
- Interviewed by national and foreign News agencies on the use of Detection Dogs in the War against Terror.
- Frequent guest speaker on talk radio on the subjects of Homeland Security and Dog Training